Friday, March 10, 2006

A Purim Message on Erev Shabbat

While this may end up sounding like a parody of a parody of a parody, I just wanted to share a thought I had this morning.

Why is Torah and Mitzvot referred to as "Ner Mitzva v'Torah Ohr" (Mitzvot are candles and Torah is light?) If a person wants to share a bag full of parve Oreos with a thousand people, he will end up with nothing inside the bag. Yet a candle can give light to a thousand other candles (remember my birthday cake?), without the act of transferring light causing a reduction in the candle. Its exactly the opposite -- candles and light can give from themselves to others creating even more light.

Figure skating is the same thing.

To borrow a term from the GH, "Robbosai, it's all about icing."

When you have a funny thought in your head and you share it with someone else, it doesn't diminish it in the slightest, but rather increases the happiness in the world. While I have gotten many compliments on this purim parody idea this week, (please send more), the satisfaction of being able to share a good idea, a funny idea, a laugh with others, a helluva lot of blog traffic (especially for the mitzva of purim) -- the act of sharing is (for me) the best part. (Unless it's Oreos.)

So, at the risk of sounding too sappy, this Purim, make sure you pass on a laugh to someone else. Bring a smile to their face too -- slap them silly if you have to -- make this a great Purim for as many people as you can!

Fine. Now I've done it. I'm actually about to be blogging during the 18 minutes after candlelighting and I didn't shower yet, take out the Muqata trash, walk the dog, set up the car for my Shabbos patrol, surf for Arabic translation websites, put in my required 2 hours answering questions at AskMoses.com, or called Ze'ev from Israel Perspectives to tell him I love him. My wife will be lighting candles shortly so I'm logging off now.

I'm a dead man, so I'll end this here. Woahhfk;hrilejfh! r4rfulitvo9b8yo

8onfg8mlg9on6.7s9gn

Hi. This is Mrs. @ The Muqata. "Jameel" is finished now. For good.

Shabbat Shalom from the Muqata and see you back here next week.

Many more blogs to go!


Wherever I am, my blog turns towards Eretz Yisrael, and stares wistfully at the land as I cross the Jordan.

3 Comments:

Blogger the sabra said...

ESSER!!

8:54 AM  
Blogger tafka PP said...

Fabulous! Chortle chortle.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Dating Mistress, Jerusalem said...

come vote for my purim parody party

9:16 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home